Global Literature in Libraries Initiative
Karavan Press came into being in 2019 to offer authors a literary home for their books – home in the sense of shelter, safety and care.
As editor and publisher, I want to nurture authors and their creativity and establish strong bonds between writers and readers who are passionate about our words and stories. The vision for Karavan Press crystalised for me after reading Roberto Calasso’s L’impronta dell’editore (2013) and I was especially inspired by two South African literary projects founded around the same time and led by women: Rachel Zadok’s Short Story Day Africa (gallery below) and Joanne Hichens’s Short.Sharp.Stories (second gallery below).
The Short Story Day Africa Books
- Rapunzel is Dead: ISBN: 9780620588850 GoodReads
- Follow the Road: ISBN: 9781920590987 GoodReads
- Feast, Famine and Potluck: ISBN: 9780620588874 GoodReads
- Terra Incognita: ISBN: 9781920590918 GoodReads
- Water: ISBN: 9781780263083 GoodReads
- Migrations: ISBN: 9781780264059 GoodReads
- ID: ISBN: 9781780264592 GoodReads
- Hotel Africa: ISBN: 9781780265056
View original post 521 more words